The Friends of Whiskeytown announce the 3rd Annual Brandy Creek Beach LuauOn Saturday June 9th, 2012 the non-profit group Friends of Whiskeytown, Inc. is hosting a Hawaiian style Luau at Brandy Creek Beach. The event begins at 5 p.m. All proceeds go to the Whiskeytown National Recreation Area trail program, including hiring trail crew members through the Student Conservation Association. This is the third annual Friends of Whiskeytown Brandy Creek Beach Luau fundraiser. Tiki Torches, hula dancers and roasted pig will be offered with a no host bar serving wine and beer. The event will occur on the sandy beach of Brandy Creek under a large event tent at the foot of Shasta Bally Mountain. Live music and souvenir wine and beer glasses are included in the ticket price. The San Francisco Deli will be expertly preparing dinner, as they have at the past two Luau events.
The Luau will have both silent and live auctions that include some wonderful adventure auction items. This year’s auction will include:
• Castle Resorts, Waikiki Beach, Hawaii - a two night stay
• Forever Resorts House Boat - three nights on Trinity Lake
• Silverthorne Resorts House Boat - three nights on Shasta Lake
• Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco Union Square - one night stay for two, complete with tickets for two to Alcatraz Island
• Evening Sail with Hors d’oeurvres on Whiskeytown Lake aboard the Barca Bella
• Forever Resorts Patio Boat for a day on Whiskeytown Lake
• $100 Moonstone Bistro Coupon for dinner
Event tickets cost $40 and can be purchased at the Cascade Theater Box Office or through Pay Pal on the Friends of Whiskeytown web site: www.FriendsofWhiskeytown.org. All proceeds go to the park’s trails program including the construction of new foot bridges across mountain streams. If you have any questions please contact Tori Parks at (530) 515-6157. The Friends of Whiskeytown is a not for profit, 501 (c) (3). All donations are tax deductible.
Mahalo for your Support!