Itâ€™s almost a New Year this means a clean slate, a fresh start, or however you picture it! Before we all take off into another year that will undoubtedly go by way too fast, I hope everyone gets some time to embrace family traditions or go out and celebrate with friends. 2010 is looming before us, holding hopes and dreams of a better economy, more time with family and friends, goals of losing weight and more exercise, and being able to say â€˜I made it through another stressful year just fineâ€¦BRING IT ON 2010!â€™. New Yearâ€™s is a time to remember the best memories of the past year, but more importantly an occasion to look forward, hopefully not brace for a storm, and plunge ahead. Make 2010 a year to remember in all aspects of your life.
If you are looking for some great activities or places to be on New Yearâ€™s check out whatâ€™s going on locally.
- Redding Recreation Center’s Polar Bear Plunge. Friday 01/01 at noon. Contests, prizes, warm drinks. Registration preferred.
- Rockin’ New Years Eve Celebration @ Siskiyou Ice Rink in Mount Shasta. Thursday 12/31 6-9 pm, set to correspond with East Coast time. $7-12, all ages welcome.
- Just Dance Club New Year’s Eve Dance. Thursday 12/31 22551 Silverlode Ln, Palo Cedro. Pot luck, dance, swing, country, ballroom. 8 pm $10 all ages.
- Fourth Annual Masquerade Ball @ the Yaks on Bechelli Ln in Redding. Thursday 12/31 at 8:30pm to benefit the Redding City Musical Theatre. Cabaret atmosphere, silent auction, hors’doeuvres, desserts, wine, punch, sparkling cider. Call 515-3262 for tickets.
- New Years Grab Bag Relays put on by the Sweat Running Club. Friday 01/01 at 8 am. 3 person teams with one team member running 2,3 or 5 mile leg.
- New Year’s Eve National Bull Riding Championship at the Tehama District Fairgrounds. Starts at 7:30pm in the Pauline Davis Pavillion. Tickets get you into the dance afterwards.
- River’s Restaurant. Limited gourmet menu starting at 5pm. Reservations start at 5 pm. Live music by Marc Cooper on New Year’s eve. Call 223-5606 for reservations. Closed New Year’s day.
- Family New Year’s Eve celebration @ Mt. Shasta Ski Park. All day live music, a Torchlight Parade, and raffles.; the Slopestyle Competition, the Over the Hill Races, the Rail Jam, and the California-Nevada Interscholastic Federation high school state ski and snowboard championships, raffles. Open until midnight.
- Win River, Bombay’s, Club H20, Club CoCo, Bleachers, Jack’s grill, will also be open with specials.